July 12, 2010

Starting the 24th week

We just finished at the doctor's office and Mommy and Daddy got a chance to hear my heart beat and hear me swimming in the pool (aka Mommy's tummy). Mommy was reassured that I am indeed growing bigger and bigger in here. I am over a foot long already and allegedly have plenty of room, but I saw those photos on the doctor's walls and it looks like it's going to get pretty tight in the coming months. And although I sometimes feel a little pressure when Mommy bends over, I am doing just fine, eating well and getting plenty of r&r. For some reason, I tend to be more active in the late evening (can you say night-owl which is in Daddy's genes!). I wanted to give Mommy some special attention while Daddy is working. Daddy promises he'll finish up those crazy overnight shifts so they will be "in it" together at night when I arrive. I wonder if they will fake sleep like when the dogs bark in the middle of the night - each trying to avoid getting out of bed to deal with the noise. Ha-ha. I'm looking forward to having both hear me when I giggle/cry, change my diapers, clothe me - and yes, feed me. I think I'll be hungry a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment