July 24, 2010

Babymoon

We had a great babymoon this weekend in DC. I guess it was really for Mommy and Daddy but I was obviously along for the ride. I attended my first concert on Friday evening. Mommy says it's important I'm exposed to good music as early as possible (can you say iPod for my nursery!). She says no "Baby Beluga" for me. We suffered through 95+ degree temps to enjoy the jams of Dave Matthews Band. Daddy and I enjoyed our first DMB experience but Mommy was bummed they didn't play some of her faves. Oh well...next time.

This morning I got another first -- a massage. Okay, technically it was Mommy's -- Daddy surprised her with a mother-to-be massage at the hotel. However, I really enjoyed it, too! I wonder if The Red Door does mother - daughter specials? I think I could get used to the girly treatment.

After a yummy brunch, we rounded out our babymoon with some culture. We attended a matinee at the Shakespeare Theater. Mommy and Daddy laughed a lot at the comedy but I couldn't make out too much because of all those funny British accents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Baby Mac,
    We're so glad you made your way to Greene Co.Enjoyed visiting with your parents-who by the way are very special people that we love alot! Sounds like the babymoon was awesome- you'll have to do that again. Take care and I look forward to reading about your new adventures! Love, the Bald Hill Donleys

    ReplyDelete