Mommy says it's the hottest summer in recent years. Given that it's only July, I think she's exaggerating. But then again, the forecast is for 100+ for the next several days. While it really doesn't bother me, I don't think Mommy likes it too much. Luckily, friends and family are kind enough to share their pool passes with us. I like that floating sensation when Mommy is in the water. Mommy thinks that if she swims with me in her tummy that maybe I'll turn out to be a swimmer. She mentions something about scholarships...I'm not sure what those are but they sound pretty important. She mentions scholarships when she's reading to me, too, so it must have something to do with smart or sporty. I plan to be both!
On Saturday, Mommy and Daddy made us all dress up in red, white, and blue -- the dogs, too. I think we probably looked like dorks but apparently it's a tradition that everyone follows this weekend. We walked around the neighborhood with hundreds of other people, bikes, dogs, old cars, and the big fire truck. At the end of the walk, there were cupcakes. I like a walk that ends with cupcakes.
We were enjoying what I think was a picnic given the potato salad and shorty chairs that Mommy is having trouble getting in/out of. Then all of a sudden there was pretty music. Mommy said the music was coming from the symphony and I could hear her and Daddy singing along to some of the songs. Let's just say I don't think I'll be getting any good vocal genes so I can forget my aspirations of opening for U2 one day. As the music was ending, there were really loud bangs. I was startled and had to give a little kick. Mommy told me to relax because the bangs come with lots of pretty lights in the sky. She said I'll enjoy it much more next year. I'm not so sure.
what fun we had at Baby Mac's first parade and then at the 4th of July picnic. Mommy prepped delicious food & cocktails for all of us. Daddy even attended two parades during the holiday weekend because he likes them so much! He posted on his facebook page a photo of a fire truck 'misting' everyone. It was a crowd pleaser.
ReplyDelete